Thursday, April 19, 2007

Getting started . . .

The very first step is to let us know you want to play with us. Just add a comment to this blog post (click on the comments link below) and weigh in. You can post your comment as Anonymous if you don't already have a blogger account, but make sure to tell us who you are!

To forestall the first questions, you can work the 23 Things around your vacations and trips, and yes, you can fall behind and then catch up. Not a problem!

Your guides for the 23 Things will be Karen Schwalm and Christine Moore, just in case you were curious.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in!
Mary Jane

Anonymous said...

Very interested. From the old school and I need to know new "stuff."

Anonymous said...

Ready to learn!

Anne Hatcher

Anonymous said...

I speak English and Spanish . . . can't wait to learn geek speak as well!

Lori Walk

Anonymous said...

This is great and I am looking forward to "playing!" Alberto

Unknown said...

I am anxious and ready to get started. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to go, too! This sounds like fun.

Kathy said...

Great idea. I could afford to learn 23 things... maybe more! I'd like to play.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what a blog is. Will my learning curve be too high? Marie Wright

Anonymous said...

I am so in need of this. Thank you for offering this opportunity. The second thing I need to do is to get a google account. Martin Bencic

Anonymous said...

I always feel like I'm running after the bus trying get on board. Look for me out the back window. :-)

Susan High

Anonymous said...

Count me in!

Karen Russo

Anonymous said...

I want to play, too. But I'm behind Susan, who's behing the bus. Maybe by the end of the summer I'll be onboard! Anne Dudley

Sue Murry said...

Summer seems like a great time to play and I'm ready!

Anonymous said...

math is #1 and I need to learn all these special goodies--all 23.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Sounds GREAT. I need to learn these 23 goodies.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a super idea. I learned comp. on Noah's Ark with IBM key-punch cards.
Barry D.

Pam said...

I'm hoping to do a lot of this with y'all - and be out of town (hurrah!) during some of it. I can definitely stand to learn about this stuff! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to play in the sandbox too. I've been wondering what these terms mean.
BJ

Anonymous said...

I would like to play too!

Scott Kozakiewicz

Anonymous said...

I'll play!
Russ Sears

Anonymous said...

Please include me. Can we do this with either IE 6 or IE 7?

Don McIver - Bus & Info Tech

Karen said...

Don asked whether there is a browser requirement, and I really don't know the answer to his question. I will add it to my list of things to watch out for. On the one hand, these Web 2.0 tools are very new, so I would expect them to work better with newer browsers, but the people developing these tools also know the web really, really well, so I would expect them to pay attention to compatibility issues. I do know that lots of people using Web 2.0 tools also use non-IE browsers like Firefox and Opera. So it's a great question, and something we'll have to remember.

Karen

Anonymous said...

I'm in!
Mary Leskovsky

Fernando Romero, Ph.D. said...

This sounds like a great idea. I have the tendency to want to engage in countless summer projects that never really go too far. I’m hoping this is not one of them.
Fernando Romero

Anonymous said...

Well, if Russ Sears is game, so am I. However, I do feel rather ancient -- as if I am still in card catalogue mode -- you know, like when Lisa Simpson goes to the library and bats fly out of the old wooden file drawers with the little brass holders for the slips that say "Ca - Cal"? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm in too! Bring it on!

Scott Schulz

Anonymous said...

I don't want to be left in the dust so please count me in too. I am anxious to learn how to add audio to web-based learning resources and about things I don't even know I don't know.

Karen C. (Conzelman)

blogger said...

What a wonderful tool. It reminds me a little of ELI's 7 Things (http://www.educause.edu/7ThingsYouShouldKnowAboutSeries/7495), but more active and, of course, self paced.

Dr. Alisa Cooper said...

Dang! I messed up already. Now that I'm in the right place, let's try this again: Can I play? :-)

Karen said...

Hey, hey. We can find you wherever you are. Of course you can play, Alisa. Wow. This is going to be fun!

Anonymous said...

If you managed to publish your photo, Alisa, you did not mess up!

Many of us are comfortable with print...do we need to retrain our brains to comprehend as effectively by ear alone?
carmela